Old January 12th 08, 06:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jeff R.

Default Pixel blooming in Google Earth

I happened upon these two rather impressive blown highlights in Google
Earth, at:

150°59'49.49"E 33°49'0.68"S

(and a hundred metres or so north of that) and and just wondering... Is
this common in Google's sat shots? Anyone seen others?

Didn't the goddam astronaut check his histogram before posting?

It actually begs another set of questions...
My scanner frequently blooms just like those shots if I'm scanning highly
reflective items, but my digital cameras don't bleed in a linear fashion
like that - just a big white patch.

Is Google using a huge flatbed scanner in its satellites?

--
Jeff R.