Old September 7th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
Oliver Costich

Default What is the Best Software for Fixing Pictures?

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 03:09:22 -0500, Ron Hunter
wrote:

loony wrote:
On 4 Sep, 16:22, Barry Goodthrall
wrote:
What is the best software to quickly fix photos.

Before rushing to say Photoshop, while I agree for more complex
digital photo manipulation it can't be beat, I want something that
does common corrections the average novice often needs, such as red
eye, bluring , dust removal, lighting adjustments, etc quickly.
Ideally what program has the best "one step fix" function?

I've been using the free program Irfanview for basic adjustments, but
I'm looking for more functionality so I'm intersted in answers to this
too. I'm currently looking at Paintshop pro X or XI. I've used a very
old version (5) and it is excellent for graphics but poor for
photographs probably because of it's age. However the new versions
seem to be highly rated and geared towards photo editing and a LOT
cheaper than photoshop. Not sure where you're from but I can pick up
Paintshop Pro X for around £30 compared to around £100 for Photoshop
elements (a cut down version of the full photoshop).

You should be able to find PSE MUCH cheaper than that. The usual
discounted price in the US is about $72, so your quoted price is way
over that.

I recently got PS Elements 5.0 AND Premiere Elements 3.0 together for
under $70.