Old September 4th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
[email protected]

Default Finally , Nikon named its image processor!

On Sep 2, 6:38 pm, Brendan Gillatt
wrote:
On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 14:10:50 -0700, wrote:
On Sep 3, 3:46 pm, Dave Cohen wrote:
Olympus' engine is called 3-ASICs (Application Specific Integrated
Circuit)

I think you may have slightly the wrong end of the stick there - an
ASIC, in the elctronics industry, is just another name for a custom
built chip, usually with the client's logo stamped on the top. The
'3-ASICs' name would imply that the particular camera has 3 such chips
inside it.
See:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asic
--
Brendan Gillattwww.brendangillatt.co.uk
GPG: 0xBACD7433

You are correct. Olympus' image sensor engine is called TruePic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TruePic

However, I thought I recall that saw about 3-ASIC being mentioned in
Olympus website for their image processor in their earlier pro DSLR
E-1. But I could be wrong.