Old February 25th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default PBS Show This Sunday 02/25: At Close Range With National Geographic

On Feb 24, 11:06 am, "Summer Wind" wrote:
At Close Range With National Geographic

Sunday, February 25, 8:00pm (Central)

The work of nature photographer Joel Sartore, including the challenges of
getting candid shots in various locales. Included: comments from National
Geographic magazine editors.

They did a Yellowstone nature photography show a while back.
I notice those pivoting camera mounts are being used more and more for
wildlife. This kind of arrangement (curved camera holder on a tripod
that allows fast up down and side to side movement) has been around
for ages for things like small telescopes. I wonder why it took till
now to become popular in photography, particularly telephotography?
Last show I went to, Nikon had a bank of them fixed up with cameras
and telephotos.