Old September 23rd 04, 04:50 PM
Alan Browne

Jan Keirse wrote:

Annika1980 wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/image/34152731

This is a long (almost 9 minutes) exposure that I took last night using only
the light from the moon.

Impressive (technologically), nice (photographically), probably can't do it
(myself) ;-)

There is no magic here. Although most recent cameras use their batteries
quickly when holding up the mirror up when doing this ... I'm not sure if the
20D that Bret used has the same mirror holdup catch mechanism that is in the
EOS-1v which prevents excessive battery drain during long exposures.

Cheers,
Alan