Old September 3rd 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
[email protected]

Default Finally , Nikon named its image processor!

On Sep 3, 3:46 pm, Dave Cohen wrote:
wrote:
There were Sony's Bionz, Lumix's Venus III and Canon Digic III image
processor engines. However, we never heard an official name of Nikon's
image processor engine..... until now. Nikon has finally announced its
new EXPEED image processor engine.

I guess Nikon does not want to be left behind by the competitors in
trying to entice the consumers with all of the fancy "engine" names to
remember by. It may be an advertisement gimmick, but it seems to be
working for the others.

Well I thought I would be a smart ass and ask if people would not buy a
canon if it used a photosmart,imageplus,photoperfect etc) processor.
But before committing to print, I checked each name against Google and
all these names were used. I then tried others and finally gave up.
Friends, it's bloody hard to find a name not already used by someone for
something or other, play with Google yourselves.
Dave Cohen

In addition to the names already shown in the orginal thread, Pentax's
image processor engine is called PRIME (Pentax Real IMage Engine),
Olympus' engine is called 3-ASICs (Application Specific Integrated
Circuit), and Fuji has its own RP (Reap Photo) Pro Processor. I am
very sure that people will speak more about these "engines" in the
future when they are buying digital cameras. I guess Nikon won't be
left behind.