Old October 17th 05, 05:41 PM
Dave Cohen

Default Can I use Photoshop "Slice" to simply split an image into many parts?

"Paul Heslop" wrote in message
" wrote:

I need to figure out a way ASAP to split a large (8.5 x 11 inches) JPG
image into separate jpgs. My school has printed pages of barcodes, 2
columns by 13 or so. I need to handle about 500 barcodes, and separate
them into separate jpg files to be printed on library cards/badges.

Can I use Photoshop (recent, CS) "Slice" to do this? It's very
confusing as it tries to mainly build a web page etc.

Can anyone clue me in on how to "pretty simply" get the 26 or so
separate image files from one input file?

I have worked (played??) a bit right now with "Slice" and I can get the
slicing set up OK to outline the sections I need...

Many thanks...

Regards, Terry King ...On The Mediterranean in Carthage

according to this instruction you can save the images OR html from
slice, but I have to say I've never used the thing

http://www.mediacollege.com/graphics...ool/slice.html

Personally I'd just use the marquee tool and copy and save each
section with that, but I find photoshop cumbersome so I would probably
have used paintshop pro, which has a nice handy 'paste as a new image'
so you could have each section on the work surface until you've
cropped them all then save them in order.

--
Paul (Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me)

I had the same thought. I use Serif PagePlus, I would think any serious
editing program would let you copy a selection to the clipboard then paste
with options as new image, into a selection of an exisitng image or as a new
layer. When you paste as new image or layer, the pixel dimensions will be
that of the selection. When you paste into a selection re-sampling will take
place to make the copy physically fit.
I've never looked at slicing, a quick look in the help file states it's
useful for creating navigation bars on web pages, I didn't read any further
since it's something I'll probably never need.
Dave Cohen

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/