Old June 9th 17, 02:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

Default iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra

On 6/8/2017 7:32 PM, Mayayana wrote:
"PAS" wrote

| FWIW, I'm a Windows user and don't customize much so I don't
| see if I had to or wanted to switch to a Mac would be a problem for me
| except for the fact that I build my own desktops.

That's what I meant. I don't mean things like
picking folder colors. I meant that a Mac is
generally far more locked down than Windows,
in terms of hardware. Some of their laptops
are virtually encased in resin. Apple go out
of their way to prevent upgrading customizing.

I've replaced hard drives in a couple of laptops and added RAM to a
few. But most laptops my family has used have over the years have not
been upgraded, no need to. I suspect that holds for the majority of
laptop users.

| On the other hand,
| you can Windows on a Mac so it can be just as
| customized like any
| Windows system.

Did you mean to say you can put Windows
on a Mac? Yes. If you want to buy a Mac, and
also buy a Windows disk, then go through all
that trouble. It's a lot cheaper to put Windows
on a PC.

Yes, I mean you can put Windows on a Mac. I have not done it as I've
never used a Mac. But I highly doubt there's much "trouble"
to go through to install Windows on a Mac. For people who want a Mac
but still have a need to use Windows for something, it's a good
solution. Most people use Windows but I know others who simply prefer a
Mac.