Old May 6th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Charles[_2_]

Default Confusing camera product names and series

wrote in message
oups.com...
I still have a hard time to figure out on how the major camera
companies place their product in the market.

As do we all. I have been teaching digital photography in my community and
find it difficult to help others select a camera.

This might be an excellent opportunity for someone. A web-based parametric
search engine. One would enter price and key items from their desired
feature set, and then be presented with models that comply with the search
parameters. Such a site would be a major PITA to constantly debug and
upgrade but with paying links to vendors, it could be profitable. No, I am
not about to tackle it myself but would be interested in helping anyone who
would.