Old September 9th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

Default Has Sony/Pentax/Canon fixed their non-working anti-dust systems yet?

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
RichA wrote:
On Sep 8, 5:22 pm, Wolfgang Weisselberg

Since there is no real dust problem in the real world that
could be fixed by a dust shaker, there is no need to
introduce them except for some nervous marketing dudes.

Yes, certainly dust is no concern at all.

Yep.

Which of course is why
companies can charge $100 for a brush to remove it. Loupes to see it
in $300 kits, etc.

There's a sucker born every second, and the same type of people
buy de-oxygenated, magnetically aligned speaker cables at $$$
per metre.

And the'll pay $$$$ if one did dip the cable into the blood of
a black rooster, slaughtered at midnight under the full moon by
cutting it's throat with a silver knife in a circle or 5 black
candles.

If you use that as proof that ordinary speaker cables are
a concern, everyone will call you a moron.

Since you use the very same logic, I call you a moron.
Especially as there are much cheaper, just as good, solutions,
which you choose to overlook. After all, why spoil a frothing
rant with facts?

Olympus dust removal works, which is what galls users of brands that
implemented useless systems. With those cameras, it IS a useless add-
on that is just another system in their cameras to break.

My camera does not even _have_ dust removal system. So how
could I be galled? Blowing the sensor every 6 months and
swabbing it every 2 years does not amount to a problem, no
matter what you think.

BTW, the Olympus uses plastic.

-Wolfgang

Agree with every point except that one of my D-SLRs does have dust removal
and I expect that yours has a special coating to stop particles sticking to
the sensor.

Oh and yes, Rich is a moron, absolutely, a pretty stupid one actually and
you can quote me on that, repeatedly if you like.

Cheers.

Pete