Old January 30th 13, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Floyd L. Davidson

Default Choosing a system, the practical and the philosophical

PeterN wrote:
On 1/30/2013 11:01 AM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
PeterN wrote:
On 1/29/2013 9:47 PM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
PeterN wrote:
On 1/29/2013 8:52 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 07:49:52 -0900,
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

Because bodies like the D800 and D4 can shoot 9 shot
brackets, and in High Speed Continous mode the camera
can be set to stop at 9 shots, it is easy to actually
bracket at +/- 4 EV with those cameras. And that is a
greater spread than the D600 can get shooting three
shots with 3 EV steps.

I don't think the D800 shoots faster than the D600... and I don't think the D4
is 3 times faster than the D600... you're a little optimistic!

It doesn't. Frame rate on the D600 is 5.5. The D800
frame rate is 4. (Assuming that neither has a battery
pack.)

So what? It doesn't make any difference and was not part of
the discussion.

So then why is that important to you.

You brought it up, not me.

BobF did, and I responded. You interjected, inappropriately.

No, you are the one who claimed the I said the D4 is 3 times
faster than the D600. Idiocy Peter, idiocy.

Obviously you
don't shoot HDR. Frame rate can be important i reducing
ghosting, when shooting under less than ideal conditions.

Which is why I used High Speed Continuous in the example I
gave.

And why fewer shots are better.

But not significant for the equipment being discussed.

Why are you coming up with this sort of repeated nonsense?

It appears that the "nonsense" enminates from you.

Yeah, like the 3x3=9 bit from whose math book??? :-)

The point was and still is that the D4 can get a +/- 4
EV bracket, and the D600 cannot. It might be that
shooting HDR is one use for such bracketing, but it is
not the only use and therefore your perception of how to
shoot HDR, even if it were the only way, would still not
be the point of the original discussion about
bracketing.

--
Floyd L. Davidson
http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson