Old December 8th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.misc
Floyd L. Davidson

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

Chris Malcolm wrote:
In rec.photo.digital.zlr AndrewR wrote:

What ****ingly useless, inexperienced, misinformation-spewing, and amazingly
ignorant trolls.

You don't have much experience with discussing things, do you?

Let me just ask you one question. Think of those people in your life
who were educational beacons, people who knew much more than you
did. How many of those people were more foul mouthed than you are when
they came across someone who didn't know something that they did?

Bad question I'm afraid! I'd be willing to bet that one
of the major reasons he knows so little and is so rude
is that his experience growing up *is* what you ask
above. The adults in his life probably knew little and
were abusive and foul mouthed when somebody else did.

For example, I'm always amused when I hear parents
berating their teenager children as assholes... because
invariably the kids are! They are just like their
parents...

It's my own experience that people who swear a lot are either ignorant
or mentally ill. I just wondered if that was your experience too.

I don't know about that... I don't tend to swear much
when I write, but my vocal skills include the common use
of useful selection of cuss words. However, there is a
time and a place, too.

I recall once, perhaps 15 years ago, when a collegue at
work did something that I was *extremely* annoyed at,
and I spent about 5 minutes explaining in precise detail
what was wrong with his actions. This was witnessed by
a lady who was somewhat younger (30's), who definitely
deferred to both of us as "older men". Her eyes just
about popped out of her head at the whole thing, because
she had never seen me even come close to giving anyone a
dressing down before.

Her most poignant observation? "When you're mad, you
*don't* cuss at all!" I chuckled and agreed that she
would now forever more know how to figure out when I was
putting someone on, or really serious. If I'm cussing,
you're safe, it's all in fun. No swearing... you'd
best listen real careful, your life is in danger! :-)

But, that is impossible to reproduce with written
language. It also helps that I live in Alaska, where
the women cuss more than the men anyway.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)