Old December 8th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.misc
William Graham

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

"Scott W" wrote in message

An average person can resolve 0.7 line pairs per minute.
It takes at least 2 pixels to make a line pair so the minimum you
would need to match the human eye is 1.4 pixels per minute. But 2
pixels/min is the minimum, because of how the phasing occurs you
really would like to have about 1.5 times that amount, or about 2.1
pixels minute.

I wonder what Ted William's eyes could resolve? - Here is an excerpt from
his bio:

"Williams, doctors said, could see at 20 feet what people with normal
eyesight see from 10. Armed forces ophthalmologists said his eyesight was so
keen it was a one-in-100,000 proposition. "

I knew a guy in the Navy that could see the mast of ships peeking out over
the horizon when the rest of the ship was below it. They kept that poor slob
on the bridge 24-7.......He would say, "There's a ship over there, sir" and
you would look through these huge 20x binoculars, and see the tip of a mast
bobbing up and down, "over there". His name was Hooper, and he was from San
Francisco.....He was the only person I ever knew that could sleep standing
up leaning against a post.....