Old August 31st 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default D200 owners, pls do a test for me (and for yourselves)

Bill wrote:
wrote:

I've heard of that...I think it's just too much signal gain at high ISO
settings in dark shots. Lower the ISO to a more appropriate setting.

It's because of heat coming from electronic circuits near the sensor.
Not entirely surprising after an exposure of 3 minutes at ISO 1600.

Oh...so cooling the sensor would fix it, like with an icecube?

But...how do I get the damn icecube inside the camera. I tried putting
it inside the sensor chamber, but then it blocks some of the light. I
shoved one in the battery slot, but then the camera don't work.

I even tried using the blender to chop up the icecube and shove the
little bits into the CF card slot, but still no good.

What am I doing wrong???

One of these should do the trick:
http://atlas-magnet.web.cern.ch/atla...y/photos/pump/