Old December 22nd 04, 05:03 PM
Aerticulean Effort

Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:
Man, everytime today I've had to reply to my own posting because I forgot
something.

I was talking about labeling the CD to what's on there so you can find the
file easily. What I often do is, when I print out a photo--whether I do it
or the lab does--I write the filename on a label & stick on the back of the
photo, so I can track it down on CD/DVD easily. (Or, if the photo is not
borderless, I write this info in the border-area I have.) I also put the
exact date it was taken (sometimes that IS the filename); between those two
things, I can EASILY track the file down to the CD/DVD it's burned onto.
Then, I can backup that particular CD/DVD often, to double-triple-quadruple
insure such highly coveted images have been covered very well in terms of
being backed up.

Also--consider making a "best of" CD so that the best ones have a CD all to
their own (in addition to the date-organized backups I more commonly do),
and that also ensures your favorites are getting backed up more often--and
are easily tracked down.

Store the 4x6s in a shoe-box--I have one that's actually made for index
cards and has a device to keep the photos from sliding around a half-full
box (an annoyance more than anything else). I hope this helps.

LRH

There is a wonderful consumer product that can accommodate 100 DVDs or
CDs or a combination of both.

It will fit on a desk as the disks are stored by order without the cases

It has software support in the form of a database (althou I expect this
will be a bit inferior to what image handlers require.

Now why should I post this? Is it spam?

Nope - just an idea that's all. Have you seen the desk space / storage
100 disks take up?

Aerticeus