Old June 14th 18, 05:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Question for you Apple crazies

On 6/13/2018 10:08 PM, Bill W wrote:
My home is paid for, and I'm moving to a place where housing is about
half what it is here, so if I buy something about the same size, I
might have enough left over to buy an Apple product... So some
questions:

Most important, is there any point in shopping around for the best
price on a Macbook Pro, or is the pricing pretty much fixed?

I see that there a lot of listings with years mentioned. How far back
can I go to be able to dual boot into Windows? How far back to get a
great retina display? And how far back to get great performance,
something that is more than adequate for LR & PS, video and audio
editing? How far back where I can still easily add a second high
quality display?

Sent too soon:
You might be interested in this article: I am posting the reference and
will not comment further, as you may hear all sorts of flack from
certain apple seeds.
https://www.cnet.com/news/5-things-apple-has-to-do-to-win-with-macs-this-fall/

--
PeterN