Old May 17th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Nicholas O. Lindan

Default 35mm beyond 14x17

"Ken Hart" wrote
"HeroOfSpielburg" wrote
This is a subjective question, mostly. I have an art show next week
and wanted to blow up a negative to a pretty large size, long print
about 20x40, for the fascade of my booth. The staff at the print shop
said beyond 14x17, it doesn't look very nice.

I'd be willing to bet that the local print shop can't make a print over
14x17.

1) Their equipment is only big enough for 14" paper

2) They can, they just think it looks bad to their eyes, and they
assume the customer has the same quality standards.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm