Old December 1st 12, 07:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

On 2012-11-30 22:10:17 -0800, nospam said:

In article , Gary Eickmeier
wrote:

You can edit anything non-destructively. Keep trying.

except that jpeg is already destructive.

you can edit non-destructively from that point on, but you can't undo
what was done to make the jpeg.

Interesting you said that - I stumbled upon a function of Elements that
sorta converted any JPG into a RAW file and allowed you to edit it the same
as any RAW image. Do you know what I mean?

if you mean opening a jpeg in camera raw, that is *not* converting it
to raw, it just lets you use the camera raw controls, but on jpeg.

....and not all of them.

Savageduck