Old February 1st 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Default Need to replace my Sony W1

Hi,

In the Sony forum in the Steves-digicams site, many people have the same
slow shutter speed problem for Sony H1. I am wondering why the other brands
do not have this slow shutter speed problem even they have the same f/2.8.

for instance:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...12&forum_id=28

OT:
Why plain text? Are you still living in a cave or something? Men already
landed on the moon... hmmm... almost 50 years ago... and we are going to
land on Mars soon... only if Bush brings back some oil to fuel the mission
of course... hahaha!!!

I don't know what you mean by "the Sony H1 forum (in Steve's), there are
alot of people [...]". I have skimmed
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/sony_h1_pg5.html and the
five other reviews linked from the bottom of that page, but no complaints
about the camera using a too-slow shutter speed leaped out at me.

That camera's lens may be physically bulkier than the one on your camera,
but given that it claims to be a 12x zoom and incorporates an optical
'anti-shake' gadget, that's hardly surprising. Its maximum aperture is
f/2.8, exactly the same as on your camera.

If you have taken a dislike to Sony cameras, for whatever reason, then
don't buy another one.

--
-- Whiskers