Old April 23rd 18, 05:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default The Photoshop "Straighten Tool"?

On Apr 23, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 4/22/2018 6:23 PM, Peter Jason wrote:
Wide-angle photos have a confusing number of lines.

Which one should be used for straightening the image?

One in the very center perhaps?

When I have several lines, I pick the one I that I feel should be
straight, of course that may vary with the image. I your camera and lens
is listed, The ACR filter has a setting for automatic adjustment. As
nospam suggested, You can also use the WA adjustment tool in PS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMm0AD9Brp8

for older versions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjg4RtV4UAk

The same can be done in Lightroom Classic CC.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/ho...ection-guided-
upright.html

....and a different tack:
https://vimeo.com/205460101