Old November 12th 20, 04:49 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Arlen Holder

Default Google Photos will end its free unlimited storage on June 1st, 2021

On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 09:19:11 -0700, 123456789 wrote:

Alan Baker wrote:

'Is Google Drive secure?

Your files are being read by Google. As you already know, Google
harvests your data for its own purposes. So while Google might be
keeping your files secure, they are certainly not private.'

I do my own local encryption of sensitive files before I upload them to
Google Drive using an old version of FolderLatch.exe. Probably wouldn't
pass CIA muster but still makes me feel better. I don't do non-sensitive
stuff like photos. That way they're always available to bore people with
no matter which device I'm carrying...

*Everything put to the iCloud is read _and_ analyzed by Apple*
o Some of that is _automatically_ sent to law enforcement, unencrypted.

Read details here from Apple owners themselves (i.e., it's not my thread):
o *iCloud backups are _NOT_ encrypted*, by JF Mezei
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/-EA9TYUeVhk

BTW, it's hilarious that anyone is responding to Alan Baker, who, like
Joerg Lorenz, has proven time and again to be Dunning Kruger Quadrant 1
(i.e., both incredibly ignorant & incredibly confident at the same time).

Essentially, all Type III apologists like Joerg & Alan believe _only_ what
Apple MARKETING has fed them to believe, which they equate to their self
worth system (which is why they're utterly immune to facts, no matter
what).

o Why are apologists like Alan Baker so fantastically immune to basics skills an adult should have on the Internet?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/EiNl6hyMBDo

Note in that thread that it's incomprehensible that _anyone_ could be as
ignorant as Alan Baker proved he was, and Joerg Lorenz did the same thing
when he claimed all facts that were not reported in German media (e.g.,
anything from the BBC) were wrong. (I don't have a link to that thread as
I'd have to dig it up as it wasn't my thread so it's buried there but if he
wants to challenge me on the facts, I will dig it up & he knows that).
--
Apple takes away functionality from users so they can then sell it back.