Old November 12th 20, 04:28 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Arlen Holder

Default Google Photos will end its free unlimited storage on June 1st, 2021

On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 15:37:41 +0100, Joerg Lorenz wrote:

I do know what it means.

But I also know you must trust the provider of the encryption not to
have produced a back door...

'Is Google Drive secure?

You have to ask yourself why you are using Android in the first place.

For the _adults_ on this newsgroup...
o This conversation between two known Type III apologists is revealing!

The first, presumably Alan Baker (whom I have killfiled, which is rare for
me, since very few people do I plonk even after decades on Usenet) believes
Apple MARKETING but not what is reported reliably in the media on cloud
storage:
o iCloud backups are NOT encrypted, by JF Mezei
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/-EA9TYUeVhk

The second, Joerg Lorenz, seems to be intimating that iOS is, somehow,
magically "safer" simply because Apple paints entire sides of buildings
claiming that case (where the facts show that iOS is no safer than Android
is):
o What is the factual truth about PRIVACY differences or similarities between the Android & iOS mobile phone ecosystems? https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/MiZixhidmOs

It's funny because _both_ apologists only believe Apple MARKETING.
o They're utterly immune to actual facts

Both self identify with the image that Apple portrays
o Which is why they're utterly immune to even the simplest of basic facts.
--
What these apologists really can't stand is they have no defense to facts.