Old October 16th 17, 09:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Care for Some Gum?

On Oct 16, 2017, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 14:17:33 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Oct 15, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Oct 15, 2017, Ron C wrote
(in ):

On 10/12/2017 1:37 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Oct 11, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 2017-10-11 05:14:31 +0000, Savageduck
said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wnpt7op5dhq5ecy/DSCF5900.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qalqaj4u4ckopx/DSCF5897.jpg
https://www.dropbox-UNINTENDED DUPLICATE.jpg

Oops! I did one twice. Here is number 3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhaigx8l9hcqpin/DSCF5894.jpg

Now that's my type of image.

I thought you might like the concept.;-)

I find there is a Pollock feel to them with the random
application/placing
and mix of color.
Bravely daring to continue the thread .. I believe the work and the photos
there of represent a subset of pointillism. I might go farther and call
the
subset textured chaotic pointillism. ;-)
I also suspect much of the impact of this vast gum sculpture doesn't
translate well to a photo, much (as I've heard) the full impact of
Pollock #2
doesn't get captured by photos. I will say that Savageduck #2 [wink]
captures some of that vastness. :-)

;-)

Here is a section of Pollock #2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07nar87vykgn05r/DSC_0547C2.jpg

...and a section of said SD #2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyhqjvsm1o0v8xu/DSCF5897C1.jpg

There is a structure to the Pollock and a randomness to the gum
chewing. You can't properly compare the two.

I believe that if you check the thread, that has been said all along.
However, as I said when this got started, the gum wall evoked a Pollock FEEL,
not that they were in any way equivalent, in style, or execution. Pollock’s
work has a sense of deliberation in its application, and is of course a solo
work. The gum wall is the result of the random application of gum, by what
could be thousands of somewhat brewed up students, over years of
pre-application preparatory mastication. In the end, they are nothing alike.

Savageduck