Old October 19th 03, 06:48 PM
Armand

Default Help a newbie out please

I am a newbie whenit comes to digital photography, and have decided to
make the leap into digital. After looking at specs and reviews for
ages, I have narrowed down my selections to the Canon S400 and the
Canon S50. Each one has thier pluses and minuses, but I cant seem to
decide which is better suited for me. I will be a casual photographer,
and as I learn I hope to become more creative with my shots... so
basically I am just looking at this as a hobby. In the reviews I have
read, some have said the ease of use of the S400 makes it an ideal buy
for a first time digital user, while others have stated that they like
that the S50 gives them more freedom to be creative with its manual
settings. So here is my question: This will probably be the only
camera I buy for a few years, and therefore I want the most bang for
my buck... So which is the better purchase? Does anyone out there have
any thoughts on ease of use/enjoyment/ functionality when these two
models are compared? Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated!