Old August 4th 10, 03:24 PM
IanG IanG is offline
Junior Member

Perceptol contains Sodium Chloride and no Bromide, that's an error in an old MSDS and has already been pointed out in this thread.

Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas O. Lindan View Post
"Richard Knoppow" wrote

The line about T-Max being as fine grained in Microdol-X as Technical Pan
in Technidol is from me.

HA! If I could get Google to search rec.photo.darkroom -
I am sure I was pointing this out as early as ...

* * * *

Perceptol - from the MSDS information - doesn't really
look a whole lot like Microdol-X

Part A:
Metol

Part B
S. Sulfite
S. Bromide
S. Tripolyphosphate (STPP)

The STPP is a water softening agent in this application
(among it's other uses it adds weight to seafood by making
it retain water). I don't know if there is a dichroic
fog inhibitor or if the bromide takes care of it.

I guess P. Bromide could be a fine-grain agent, but I would
wonder about its effect on shadow detail. The only film
developer w/ bromide TIKO (WTEO Perceptol) is D-96, used
by the motion picture industry.

One rather whacked-out developer in the Microdol-X vein
is Rollei RLS (LP Cube XS) that is made from

Metol
Ammonium Chloride

without the s. sulfite (if the MSDS can be believed).

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm