Old August 4th 10, 03:05 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Nicholas O. Lindan

Default Tmax & D-76

"Peter Irwin" wrote

This matches my experience with TMX in Microdol-X. Grain
is amazingly fine, actual resolution is very good, but it just
didn't look /sharp/.

I used TMX/M-X for shooting resolution targets a few years ago
when I ran out of Tech Pan.

I found the combination has the same resolution with a high
contrast target as Tech Pan. Microdol-X does not reduce
resolution. That it is a 'solvent developer' is an urban
legend - it has no more S. Sulfite in it than D-76.

Often systems that have lower resolution look sharper.
I am not interested in the appearance of detail, but only in
real detail. 'Acutance' and touted 'edge effects' are,
in my book, vile concepts.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm