Old December 9th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jean-David Beyer

Default Very Old Latent Image

VOR-DME wrote:
Have read some articles here and there about astonishing persistence of a
latent image on exposed film. I have a couple of rolls of Tri-X 120 from
the mid to late '70's. Every time I have had a darkroom to work in these
rolls were not anywhere near me, so they remain undeveloped.

What are the chances of recovering an image from these rolls?

Very good, unless you stored them next to a strong heat source, in very high
humidity,
or x-ray machine.

If I take them to a pro lab, will they laugh me out of the place?

If it is a really professional lab, they will not. If they are a 1-hour lab
in a mall, they will not know how to process it.

The images are nothing important - only curiosity - I don't even really
know what's on them, but I'd love to see. What's my best strategy for
getting these rolls developed?

Do it yourself, and develop normally with a normal developer like D-76 or
HC-110 dilution B.

Thanks for responses. . .

Greg

^^-^^ 09:15:01 up 5 days, 19:33, 5 users, load average: 4.23, 4.42, 4.98