Old July 13th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ken Nadvornick

Default Postcard is in the mail

"Annika1980" wrote:

Note to Ken, Hickey, and Rocha: I tried that pic in B&W and it looks
like crap.

Probably so. Know why? 'Cause you originally saw it in color, then the
technology gave you a second chance later. If your only choice had been b&w
from the get-go, you would have ended up with a stronger b&w effort.*
Likewise for compositions. If one has only a few frames to work with, one
naturally becomes far more selective with the shutter release.

Constraints outside of one's control do tend to force more mental
discipline. After all, you know what they say... "Nothing focuses the mind
like a noose."

Ken

* Can't wiggle out of that one, my friend. Why not? 'Cause I've seen your
b&w negatives through my very own enlarger, so I know what you can do when
so constrained...