Old January 11th 06, 08:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Color shift having prints done at Walgreens / Target

Destin_FL wrote:
Yeah, don't get me wrong... I love both Wal-Mart and Walgreens for prints! This
batch though was reallllllly green. I took 4 different files to print and they
all had the same weird green cast to them. And looked great in the preview
screen at the store, AND the preview screen on the big printer/press.

I'm wondering if these drugstore printers/services just can't resolve or make
work the Adobe RBG? I'm thinking if I took them back as sRGB they might be
right. ???

When I ended up just doing them on my Canon Pixma they are perfect.

That is a possibility.
Those printers expect images to be in sRGB color space.
Just for our own information, why dont you convert to sRGB, have them
printed again and report back? "Inquiring Minds Want To Know"
Bob Williams