Old January 10th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Color shift having prints done at Walgreens / Target

Destin_FL wrote:
[snip]
Then I took them on the compact flash to Walgreens, and ..... they looked great
on the preview screen, you know on that card reader do-it-yourself machine
thing.
BUT when I got them back, they had an overwhelming green tint/cast to them. Of
course I wasn't charged for them...

And the guy said that his preview window on the big printer press machine showed
them looking correct too. Somewhere in the printing they went green.

[snip]

Thanks so much for any ideas / solutions!!!

Tim

I have not used Walgreens nor Target, but I have used CVS for my 4x6
prints. I have to *tell* the machine that I do not want any color
correction nor enhancements for each print I upload. On CVS's Kodak
machine there is an enhancement button for each pic which displays
another screen allowing me to remove color correction. It's painfull
to do for each pic, but I do get fairly quick at it.

Len