Old June 7th 04, 09:37 PM
Martin Francis

Default Hassy CFE, CFi, CF, C, ...

"steven" wrote in message
Hi,
can anybody explain the differences between these (and other?) 500-series
lenses.
I can buy a 250mm sonnar C, but the seller doesn't seem much acquainted

with
Hassy equipment.
I'd like to know in particular:
- does it have DOF preview?

Yes, they all do.

- does it have "X" flash sync?

That too.

- does it have EV locking?

As standard (move & hold a lever to adjust aperture and shutter speeds
individually)

Anything else I should pay attention to?

If it's chrome finish, it's probably a non-T* coated lens. This might result
in low contrast or flare problems in certain light, but it certainly means
you've got a pretty old lens that may wll need servicing. I understand parts
are only available from cannibalising old lenses. If it's black finish with
a B50 filter thread (i.e. the front filter thread is bayonet style and 50mm
across) it's the same as the previous lens but with T* multicoating. It has
the same issues with spares, but will probably at least be a little newer.
If it is neither of the above, then it's a newer lens. Other than parts,
there shouldn't me much quality difference.

It might be worth buying a book on 'Blad for more detailed info on newer
lenses, as i'm pretty new to 'Blad myself.

(I want to use it with a 503CW)

If the lens works, it will work on a 503CW.

no, and yes...."