Old November 6th 10, 06:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

Default (SI) Suggestion to change mandates around for effect

On 2010-11-03 19:50:08 -0700, tony cooper said:
The real blow was the election of Rick Scott as Governor. He was CEO
of a company that committed a series of the largest Medicare frauds in
history. He claims that he was not aware of the frauds. (Took the
5th 75 times in court appearances) That means either he is a
bald-faced liar or an incompetent CEO unaware of what his company was
up to.

I'd go with "bald-faced liar."

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Richard Feynman
Nobel Prize Physicist

If you are going to quote anybody, Feynman is a fine choice.

The best, being the letter he wrote to his draft board to obtain a 4F
deferment;

"Dear Sirs,
I do not think I should be drafted because I am teaching science
students and it is partly in the strength of our future scientists that
the national welfare lies. Nevertheless, you may decide that I should
be deferred because of the result of my medical report, namely, that I
am psychiatrically unfit. I feel that no weight whatsoever should be
attached to this report because I consider it to be a gross error.
I am calling this error to your attention because I am insane enough
not to wish to take advantage of it.

Sincerely,
R. P. Feynman"

Result: "Deferred, 4F, Medical Reasons."

Savageduck

Ha! I have read all of Feynman's books, and I don't remember that. - Thanks!

Then you either missed it, or forgot that you had read it.

That was the concluding entry in the chapter titled "Uncle Sam Doesn't
Need You!" to be found in "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!"

I have a vast collection of Feynman's work.

Savageduck