Old March 11th 04, 12:17 AM
David J. Littleboy

Default Lightweight tripod head for MF

"Bandicoot" wrote:

The Kirk BH-3 is like a scaled down Arca monoball (more or less: it

doesn't
have the progressive damping) and is what I use on a Manfrotto 444. I

know
Lisa uses an Acratech on hers and I think with this tripod these are the

two
leading choices.

Do you use your BH-3 to hold your camera flopped over on the side for
vertical shots? If so, what camera/lens and how well does it work?

(I've been thinking about the BH-3. I'm currently using a Foba Superball
M-1, and I'm not happy with it for flopping my Mamiya 645 over on it's side
for vertical shots. (The camera moves as I tighten down on the knob, very
irritating.))

David J. Littleboy

Tokyo, Japan