Old November 10th 17, 03:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Saw the new Panasonic G9 at the ProFusion show today

On 11/9/2017 11:35 PM, android wrote:
In article ,
Rich A wrote:

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 4:08:53 PM UTC-5, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Rich
A says...
The body is around $2000.00.

You mean Canadian dollars? Should be 1700 USD/Euro.

The body is indeed big & heavy.

It's magnesium (to its credit) and like a DSLR so yes, heavy. IMO, this
divergence from the original promise of the m4/3rds system (compactness) is
probably a mistake. Sony has even kept their FF bodies compact.

The sensor size of the m4/3 is inherited from the 4/3 that made the same
promise... I had an Olympus Evolt-E300 and it was not compact at all! I
turned out that if yu wanted the same brightness, noise and DOF as
achieved by larger sensor cams then you had to make and use big lenses
with a lot of glass. Lot's of pain but no gain...

One of my friends went to Fuji. When he puts his 100-400 on it, the feel
of weight difference is not all that much different from the D500, with
the 80-400. I will add that with the Fuji 100-400, is a great lens.

--
PeterN