Old April 15th 21, 03:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default printing custom signs

In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

I used a spreadsheet program once to print a sign that was two by three
pieces of 8.5x11" paper.
I don't remember the exact procedure, but basically I setup the
spreadsheet so that the cells were a multiple of 8.5x11. Then I pasted a
'picture' of the text into the top left cell and sized it to cover 2x3
cells.

there's nothing like taking the simplest of tasks and turning it into a
convoluted process that gives poor results.

why not just print the 'picture' from whatever software was used to
generate said picture?

set the page size to whatever size is needed and then choose print.
done. the computer does the rest.

the results will still be less than ideal, but not quite as bad as via
a spreadsheet.

for the record, the proper tool for large signs (or any size, actually)
is adobe illustrator.