Old February 6th 21, 07:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

Default Wildlife lenses

On 2/5/21 7:46 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Ken Hart says...
I have the Canon FL-mount 1200mm f/11 lens. It's about 3 feet long, and
fairly heavy- it gets heavier the longer you carry it. I would never
consider using it without a tripod, which also gains weight. I would
never consider it for wildlife.

What do you use it for (if not for wildlife)?

Perhaps it's my understanding of "Wildlife". To me, wildlife is moving;
perhaps a narrow view on my part. And this lens is not good for objects
that are in motion (notwithstanding the rotation of the Earth). I have
used it quite a bit for scenic photos. The biggest problem (other than
weight and size) is the fact that you can't really see plainly/clearly
with the naked eye what the lens will see.

A full moon will nearly fill the 35mm frame.

And it's good for telling time. From the top of the Tuscarora Mountain
off of PA74, this lens will see the courthouse clock in Mifflintown six
miles away.

--
Ken Hart