Old January 18th 21, 05:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Photoshop CC problem(s)

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Whatever the particular (peculiar) PS issue that you are experiencing is, it
is unique to your setup, and usage. It seems that none of us here have the
same problem, nor are any of us able to replicate your problem.

I beg to differ. Apart from the fact that neither of us yet know what
the problem actually is, in my searches of Google I have found many
people who over the years have had troubles with PS while LR runs
smoothly.

people post about problems.

out of hundreds of millions of people using photoshop, there will be a
small number who have issues. that doesn't mean it's widespread.

the vast majority of people have *no* problems whatsoever.

As for you ever being able to process/edit an NEF, or any other RAW file
with PS without the intervention of ACR, that is not possible.

Of course not. I have never made that claim. Obviously there has to
be a raw convertor, but I have never seen the ACR image processing
sliders. Why that should be I do not know but I would rather you
didn't imply I've been somehow just not seeing them for all the years
I have been using Photoshop.

you did make that claim.

Directly opening a RAW file is beyond the capability of PS. ACR is needed.
Drop a RAW file into PS and it will open ACR, a PS plugin, and depending on
what options you used you can return to ACR from the filters menu to refine
the process.

Irrespective of what you may believe, I have never previously dropped
into the ACR editing window when loading images in photoshop.

that's another issue you need to fix.