Old October 10th 20, 05:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Some photogs are Applesheep

In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

I bought a Watch 4 for my SO.* I wasn't sure if she'd take to it as
she's not into the joy of gadgetry.* But within a few days she was using
more and more functions (esp. timers for cooking and other things),
exercise (running, yoga, others) and even occasional use of Siri.
Quickly taking notes on it is another useful thing (or checking notes
she created on her mac or phone).

Yes, these can be done on her phone, but she doesn't carry that around
at home or at work.* Leaves the phone in her purse usually.

2 years in, she makes sure it's charged for the next day's use.

I personally haven't carried around a watch in over 2 decades.* My
phones (even the "dumb" cell phones) provided time.

I'm tempted to get an Apple Watch - but don't like the idea of having
anything on my wrist all of the time.

I also don't like to wear a watch (or any jewelry for that matter).
There's a computer in every room of my house with the time displayed at
the bottom right. There's a thermostat (not a 'smart' one) in the living
room with the time. And the dashboard clock in my truck gets set twice a
year (time change) and remains reasonably accurate.

smar****ches do a *lot* more than just tell time, including saving
people's lives and even the potential for early detection of covid-19.