Old October 10th 20, 02:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Some photogs are Applesheep

On Oct 9, 2020, Alan Browne wrote
(in article ):

On 2020-10-09 02:55, RichA wrote:
Guys tells how his Apple 5 watch experienced problems, so he goes and
gets a 6. Gluttons for punishment or what?
Please tell us what the photography connection is or check this box:

[ ] Standard Rich Ranting Against Apple.

His problems are easily fixed following correct procedure rather than
poking in the dark and blaming the watch.

My SO's Watch 4 also balked at the update and it took a few tries. And
then, horror of horrors, a few settings did need to be reset.

--
"...there are many humorous things in this world; among them the white
man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages."

kid's toy:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ll_a_watch_5_g
ps.html

Dozens of sensors. Hundreds of functions. Far beyond what a "watch"
was before...

Real watch:
https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/watc...a-dweller-blac
k-dial-automatic-steel-mens-watch-16600/id-j_7417261/?&currency=cad&gclid=Cj
wKCAjwlID8BRAFEiwAnUoK1T_52MdtksR7bPrqqK6rtInEu4EB eLPtfPqHXfYue-deXy2JI3cKQR
oC8VMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

That's what a watch used to be. Could tell time. Date. Stopwatch
perhaps. Maybe had a log computer attached (pilot's version).

Jewelry, decoration, and some are mechanical marvels. Smart watches and dumb
watches are simply two different things, each with its own purpose, and
different value to different people. I wear the dumb ones - I just like
looking at them. No one really needs a watch to tell time - we all carry
phones around. If I were still part of the working crowd, I’d probably have
a smart watch, but there is no value to me anymore. But I do not understand
Rolex. They just leave me cold.