Old July 5th 20, 09:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Morro Bay -Drone Revisit - / (1/1) [2K]

On Jul 5, 2020, Ken Hart wrote
(in article ):

On 7/4/20 10:08 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 4, 2020, Ken Hart wrote
(in article ):

On 7/2/20 12:56 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 2, 2020, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , John McWilliams
wrote:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot
at 4K 60fps, ISO100, SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using
iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XVQXqpV/0/0ad11a2c/1920/MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4

Twice "Video playback aborted due to a network error" :-(
Perhaps you need a better network.

the network is very clearly not the problem.

Let’s see;
Original MA2 recorded mp4 OK.
iMovie rendering OK. SmugMug import & rendering OK.
Folks in California, TN, FL, and a few other places see the linked mp4 OK.

So that leaves us with the question, “What could possibly be wrong in NZ that a network error is generated?"
I have difficulty viewing with firefox, but no issue with chromium.
There is lot of buffering, but here in the rural midwest (SW Indiana),
internet speed is not so great, nor is that likely to change soon.

Speedtest shows 4.3M down, 0.9M up right now. I usually get faster
speeds, but the telco gear seems to be affected by the heat- it has
happened before. My DSL link show 7M down, 1.2M up, about normal here.

(Just three more weeks, and I'll be living in the civilized world in
central Pennsylvania!)

Just three more weeks, and then central Pennsylvania. Is that a retirement move?

I guess that makes some sort of sense if you have to deal with rural Indiana. I have only been through Indiana once back in 1973 when I travelled from Syracuse, NY to Columbia, MO to visit some college friends in Columbia. That time we drove around Indianapolis without stopping. On the return trip we tracked North, and spent one night in Elkhart, before getting back to Syracuse. That was enough Indiana for me, and I haven’t been back since.

For now, I am quite content in my retirement here on the Central Coast of the Peoples’ Republic of California. Though it is a tad dry, and vulnerable to wildfire.

...and as a quick check on current speed, here 13 miles West of Paso Robles, CA, I show 114Mbps down, and 10.8Mbps up.

Retirement was last year at 62, but I continued part time work. This
will hopefully be total retirement, in a down-sized home on the edge of
a small town, with the town park just off my backyard.

Enjoy!

Weird things about Indiana:
1. What the hell is a "Hoosier"?

I have wondered that myself. Nothing to do with hoses. Perhaps Tony Cooper might be able to educate us, he is IIRC an Indiana native now exiled to FL.

2. "Fast Time" and "Slow Time". The northwest and southwest counties are
on Central time, the remainder of the state is Eastern time. Until a
couple years ago, the west counties on EST did not observe DST.

That sounds much like the Nevada-Arizona time changes, and observances

3. Santa Claus, Indiana. French Lick, Indiana. English, Indiana.
Tasmania, Indiana.

We have our share of odd place names in California, including near Carpinteria, a “Santa Claus Lane” and a “Santa Claus Beach”.

4. Huntingburg, IN, the Hollywood of the midwest. "Hard Rain" and "A
League of Their Own" were filmed in this town of 6000 people. Never saw
either movie. Christian Slater finished filming, and began his 90 day
jail sentence the day after the premiere of Hard Rain. Were you in on
that arrest?

No. I spent a good deal of my time dealing with California gangs covering the complete ethnicity spectrum, White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, Armenian, and Russian all quite nasty.

5. In Spencer county, there is a Abe Lincoln National Park. Across the
street, there is an Abe Lincoln State Park. The National Park is free.
The state park charges $10, but you can go boating there, just as Abe
would have done.

At 62 you are entitled to buy a Lifetime Pass for National Parks& Monuments. I believe the price has increased since I bought mine at $20. It gets you and the occupants of your vehicle into all the great overcrowded parks.

6. The weather. As they say in Indiana: "If you don't like the weather,
wait five minutes."

The weather here is very different to back East, but it certainly has variety, by having the Pacific coast, and a few hours drive away the Sierra Nevada mountains. The one thing I do not miss is shoveling snow in those Upstate NY winters.

Good things about Indiana:
1. Indiana Military History Museum in Vincennes. $7 gets you access to a
fantastic display of military equipment in realistic settings, including
a French ambulance that the French government would like to have back.
Three times a year (pre-C-19) they did re-enactments, $3 parking fee.
The last WW-I event included a strafing run during the battle. I assume
there were no live rounds!

Beyond the California National Parks, like Yosemite, and Sequoria/Kings Canyon, there are several places other than Hollywood Boulevard, and Disneyland worth visiting. (I really don’t like SoCal, and the LA Basin with a a few exceptions). If you ever have the misfortune to visit L.A. consider visits to both Getty Museums, The Getty Center, and The Getty Villa. Then there is the Petersen Automotive Museum.
http://www.getty.edu/art/
http://www.getty.edu
https://www.petersen.org

Then there is the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento.
https://www.californiarailroad.museum

If you get to Pennsylvania, stop in. I can show you the Statue of
Liberty in the Susquehanna River upstream from Harrisburg,

I saw a recent YouTube video on that. I believe the original was made from venetian blinds, and cardboard, and was recently replaced with a more permanent structure after the original was destroyed by floods.

and where antifa threatened to burn the Flag at Gettysburg National Cemetary, but
thought better of it when they saw all the bikers with bullets.

Gettysburg National Military Park is on my bucket list, as are quite a number of Civil War battle fields. So far the only ones I have been able to explore at length have been Chickamauga, Chattanooga, and Lookout Mountain as those are right in the middle of my family tree. My father was born in LaFayette, GA. which is right in the middle of the Chickamauga battlefield.

I suspect my internet speed in Pennsylvania will be similar to here for
DSL, but I will also have cable available. I'm told cable is much
faster, when it is working.

That depends on just where you find yourself in Pennsylvania.

Things improved for me many years ago when Paul Allen (of Microsoft fame) started Charter Cable (now Spectrum) and installed a fiber optic cable which ran the 13 miles from Paso Robles to our development out at the lake. Up until then we only had dial-up, or outlandishly expensive satellite service. I have had no complaints for 30+ years now.

Savageduck