Old May 25th 06, 01:43 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.technique.art

Default Film camera question

On Tue, 23 May 2006 18:53:16 GMT, "Luis Ortega"
wrote:

I work in a school and see dozens of cameras in the darkroom so I can't do a
lot more than try to follow it up as it happens, but I am curious as to why
this is happening.
Thanks to all.

Sounds to me like shutter bounce in a camera with a vertically
traveling shutter such as an FE, FM2, F3 and many others.
Manufacturers such as Nikon switched to vertical travel in an effort
to increase the flash sync speed, top shutter speed and for other
reasons I'm sure.

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster