Old December 3rd 10, 01:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

Default Lenses that satisfy

On 12/2/2010 12:24 PM Helge Nareid spake thus:

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:33:48 -0500, "Donn Cave"
wrote:

Topcon was originally Tokyo Optical Company, according to the
infallible online oracles.

As far as I know Topcon is still in business, but not manufacturing
any photographic equipment.

The name Topcon is derived from "Tokyo Kogaku", which translates to
"Tokyo Optical (company)", just as Nikon (and Nikkor) is derived from
"Nippon Kogaku" - "Japanese Optical (company)", and Ricoh is derived
from "Riken Kogaku". The last one requires a little bit of
explanation.

[snip]

Thanks for a very interesting side trip here.

Hey, don't I know you from a.u.e? Or is that a different Helge?