Old September 20th 17, 03:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

Default Digital projector

On 09/20/2017 09:38 AM, newshound wrote:
On 20/09/2017 15:29, philo wrote:
A friend of mine wants to project images on (presumably) frosted glass
and have folks pose in front of it for portraits.

She told me she's seen commercial grade projectors specifically
designed for this but the cost is approx $10k

Would a consumer grade projector such as one could purchase from Best
Buy for under $1000 be able to do the job?

If so, I'd like to pass the info on to her...she will be moving to a
major tourist center in about two months

Outdoors? If so, the natural light levels might be the problem. Wouldn't
it be easier to add the background later?

It would be indoors.

My first bit of advice was to superimpose in Photoshop. She said that
was not an option as the people would need to interact with the image
when they posed. Additionally she wanted to shoot and print within a few
minutes.