Old August 10th 11, 06:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
otter

Default The most awesome strap in the universe . . .

On Aug 9 2011 8:37 AM, Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:

"Savageduck" wrote in message

Also when using a fat lens such as the 70-200mm f/2.8 the Blackrapid strap
attached to the lens makes carrying that camera lens combo a bit safer,

when
using it hand held.

With an R-Strap, I would carry my 70-200mm lens on my camera with the strap
mounted to the lens. I wouldn't let it just hang by my side, I would always
keep a hand on it, but that's just me.

Unless I'm going to use a tripod, I have a monopod attached to the 70-200,
and the R strap attached to the body. It travels just fine by my hip with
the monopod either collapsed, or partially collapsed with the leg
sticking up by my shoulder. I always keep one hand on it, like you say.

I can't see extensively handholding the 70-200, although I do it sometimes
with the monopod collapsed if I don't have time to set up.