Old August 8th 11, 01:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete Stavrakoglou

Default The most awesome strap in the universe . . .

On 2011-08-05 21:34:32 -0700, Eric Miller
said:

Okay, so my experience with neck straps is limited due to a neck injury 10
years ago that makes the usual neck strap uncomfortable with my 5D and even a
small lens. I have been using a holster case that I can strap over one
shoulder and then across my chest/back to the opposite hip. That is the most
comfortable solution for me but it is bulky. While I can use a regular strap
over the shoulder in the same fashion, the strap grabs my clothes and must
slide around my body in order the bring the strap up. If I don't put it over
my head, the strap tends to fall off my shoulder. I ran across this strap
system online and immediately bought one.

http://www.blackrapid.com/product/camera-strap/rs-4/

These things have probably been around awhile, but I've just found them. It
works on my 5D perfect and even on my Olympus E-P2 pretty well. Does anyone
else use one of these?

Eric Miller
www.dyesscreek.com

Yup! The Blackrapid strap is essential as far as I am concerned once the DSLR
moves into the weighty area.
No neck pain is very good, especially if you are lugging that camera for any
length of time.

The only drawback I can see, is the inconvenience when it comes to tripod
mounting. For now, if I plan Tripod use I have a quick release plate handy to
replace the Blackrapid fitting.

Savageduck

Another drawback I see is in using a grip - the mounting hardware of the strap
make it uncomfortable to hold your hand on the grip when holding the camera in
"portrait" mode. A cure for this is to mount the strap to the camera eyelet
using a split O-ring.