Old August 6th 11, 10:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
otter

Default The most awesome strap in the universe . . .

On Aug 6 2011 12:34 AM, Eric Miller wrote:

These things have probably been around awhile, but I've just found them.
It works on my 5D perfect and even on my Olympus E-P2 pretty well. Does
anyone else use one of these?

I have one. Like it a lot.

There are solutions to the tripod QR plate issue. Some plates (like RRS)
have extra screw holes that you can attach the strap to. Some people use
a quick release clamp on their strap to attach to the QR plate on the
camera. If you use the Manfrotto system, there is special screw that you
can use to clip the strap to, instead of the D-ring.

I think the strap is pretty safe to use, if you are diligent about
checking the connections, but there have been cases reported where the
camera detached from the strap and hit the ground. Probably much less
than 1% of users (just a WAG) have problems, but if you are that guy, it
could ruin your day. I use a clip-on tether as a backup, just for peace
of mind.

And, there is a knock-off version that from reports is both cheaper and
better made. I haven't tried it myself, but it looks pretty good. Google
around to find it.