Old December 21st 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
ShootAndSpin

Default AlienBees strobes

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has used strobes from Alien
Bees. I'd really appreciate some feedback about them. I'm in the market
for a couple 320 watt second monolights, but wasn't sure if I'd regret
getting the AlienBees seeing as how they're relatively cheap. So far
I've only used Profotos (which I loved), Speedotrons (but only with
power paks) and Photogenics. Unfortunately I'm on a serious budget and
would like to stay around $600-650 for 2 heads/umbrellas/etc. I'm just
looking for a really reliable strobe.

Any feedback is appreciated.