Old May 3rd 17, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

Default Is there a single useful Apple iOS camera capability that isn't already on Android?

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

"Derrr... How can I find a device on my own network without a static IP
address?" : D

The difference between you and nospam is that nospam *purposefully*
misunderstood everything stated in the linux thread you speak of.

i didn't misunderstand *anything* in that thread.

several people there, including you, do not understand the difference
between a static ip and reserved dhcp (which is sometimes called static
dhcp, a possible source of confusion because of the contradictory name,
something, which i mentioned early on) and even more who did not
realize that the device name via dhcp is all that's needed, which can
be set on the device and sometimes the router, no need for reserved
dhcp at all (although that is sometimes helpful anyway).

tl;dr there's little to configuration needed, certainly not setting a
static ip.