Old January 31st 13, 12:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default Pinhole shots of the Civil War (re-enactments)

On 2013.01.29 05:26 , bugbear wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

http://civilwar150pinholeproject.com/

A writeup by the photographer on his pinhole cameras and his quest to
document civil war re-enactments.

One of my favourites:
http://civilwar150pinholeproject.fil...tysburg149.jpg

I don't feel like shooting film for such, but I might use a lens
adaptor and shoot some digital pinholes... the very long exposures may
be quite noise prone, however...

Just take multiple exposures at a duration where noise isn't an issue,
and merge (average) them.

Good point. In the film days I'd occasionally bulb expose to over 30
seconds up to about 2 or 3 minutes. In the digital days I've been
avoiding that.

I can also boost the ISO more than what this fellow is using to pop down
the exposure times.

--
"There were, unfortunately, no great principles on which parties
were divided – politics became a mere struggle for office."