Old November 18th 04, 07:40 AM
ThomasH

Bill Hilton wrote:

From: "Donald Specker"

Seems that the Epson 2200 and Canon i9900 are in the final running for me.
Any comments on merits of each? I want the best looking output for
potential gallery use, shows.

Print quality from either of these is excellent.

Epson 2200 prints are rated to last about 3x as long as the Canon prints, per
Wilhelm Research. This is because it uses pigment inks instead of dye inks.
If you're selling fine art prints this is probably the deciding factor.

I am an owner of the S9000 for over one year and I was surprised
to discover a *drastic* fading of the images on the Canon Glossy
Photo Paper Plus. The fading is fatal, I must say. I urge you
to chose the Epson. A paradox is that the *cheaper* matte papers
seem to hold better, despite the lack of the protective layer.
Search also Steves Digicams forums. People have already reported
such problems.

I will write on the weekend more about my experience with Canon
support and my conclusion. Prior to these revelations I was
a happy camper with the S9000. Fast, quiet, impressive results.
The matter of fact is, that your investment in "consumables"
with literally fade away!

Thomas